Thursday, July 8, 2010

Adventure: Escape!

Yesterday Torbin, my littlest brother, and I escaped the house and drove the hour down to Oklahoma City with the excuse of needing to go to the bank. While we were there we also went to Target and hit the mall to get Torbin a sweatshirt/hoodie thing from the Gap with his birthday money from grandma. To burn more time away from home we went to the movies and saw Prince of Persia. Both of us really loved it though the snakes were a bit gross. Our general consensus was that if Hidalgo and Aladdin got together and made a baby this would be it. There are horses and snakes and ostriches along with some super cool fight scenes, plenty of bloodshed and rockin' awesome, time controlling, dagger right along with the beautiful Gemma Arterton and of course the dashing Jake Gyllenhaal. If you haven't seen it, SO do! It was a fun diversion from the oppressive humidity outdoors and the oppressive mother indoors.

I hope everyone is enjoying this year's summer movie fare. I know I am! (I am secretly...or not so secretly...addicted to movies!) Keep a weather eye to the horizon....

2 comments:

  1. Heyyy I actually want to see this movie now. I was afraid it would be all eye-candy. All right, thanks for the recommendation. And uh what was I thinking-- there's Jake Gyllenhal...can't get more dreamy than him ;)

    Are you excited or not about Despicable Me? It's been getting lots of hype. Also...Salt...Inception...just wondering if you've seen these and whether you liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see Despicable Me and The Sorcerer's Apprentice!! My brother went and saw Despicable Me and said it had a lot of moral/political messages but was funny overall. I haven't seen Salt or Inception but would like to see both of them, though I'm not sure if it is enough to head to the theater. Let me know if you see them and what you thought!

    ReplyDelete